Former Canadian ambassador reportedly told Chinese officials that hurting Canada could aid Conservatives
According to CTV News, John McCallum, the former Canadian ambassador to China, says he “warned Chinese officials that “punishing” Canada could aid the Conservative Party politically.”
In McCallum’s interview with the South China Morning Post, McCallum recounted his telling of China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs that if China were to continue to impose restrictions on trade exports from Canada amid the ongoing diplomatic tensions, China could cause more problems for themselves down the road.
“Anything that is more negative against Canada will help the Conservatives, [who] are much less friendly to China than the Liberals,” said McCallum to the Hong-Kong based newspaper.
“I hope and I don’t see any reason why things will get worse; it would be nice if things will get better between now and [Canada’s federal] election [in October].”
McCallum served as ambassador to China after being appointed by Prime Minister Trudeau 2017. He was fired early in 2019 after comments made about the extradition of Meng Wanzhou, CFO of Huawei.
McCallum had stated in a closed-door meeting with Chinese journalists in Toronto that he believed Meng had a good chance of fighting her extradition. This caused a domino effect that led to his firing, as diplomats and political opponents both believed the comments were out of line.
In McCallum’s interview with the South China Morning Post, he says he “misspoke” during that incident, but that he also believes “it is quite possible the judge will release her.”
Prince Harry has touched down in Vancouver to join Meghan Markle and their baby boy, Archie.
It did not take long for the Duke of Sussex to make his departure to Canada after deciding to step away from the royal family.
According to Sky News, the current house is just a few minutes from where they stayed for Christmas and where the duchess has been for ten days.
Prince Harry also recently met up with Boris Johnson in private at the UK-Africa Investment Summit. It was held on Monday in Docklands.
There were no aids with the two during their informal meeting that took place in a separate room from the other proceedings.
When referring to the couples withdrawal from the country, Prince Harry noted on Sunday that they had “no other option” in the matter.
During a dinner on Sunday Prince Harry noted, “It brings me great sadness that it has come to this. The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly. It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges.”
“And I know I haven’t always gotten it right, but as far as this goes, there really was no other option.”
“What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you.”
“Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible.”
“I’ve accepted this, knowing that it doesn’t change who I am or how committed I am.”
Prince Harry also mentioned that he hopes “that helps you understand what it had come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life.”
“I was born into this life, and it is a great honour to serve my country and the Queen.”
After the Queen had been holding talks with Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Prince William a deal was made. They agreed that the couple would lose funding from the royal family and discontinue any use of their HRH titles.
Prince Harry and Meghan also have to pay back $4.09 million of UK taxpayers’ money that they used to renovate their cottage. They plan to keep the property for the time that they spend in the UK.
When discussing who will be paying the couples security bill, justice secretary Robert Buckland said to Sky News, “I think there is an issue about how public money is spent.”
“Quite clearly there have already been arrangements made about how that family are going to live and how they are going to be able to get private income but there clearly has to be a line of delineation.”
“I think we all want a family like that to be safe, but at the same time I think what really needs to happen is they need to understand how their lifestyle is to adapt and what their needs might be.”
More extreme weather is hitting Australia as they see giant dust storms, hail and flooding on top of the wildfires.
Australia’s capital, Canberra, was hit by a hailstorm that dropped golf ball sized hail over the city on Monday. Cars were dented and given broken windows by the falling ice and debris fell to the ground.
The dust storm came through and hit New South Wales. Global News reported the wall of dust being 300 kilometers long with winds blowing as fast as 107 kilometers per hour.
Brisbane and Gold Coast in eastern Australia saw flash floods after being hit by heavy storms.
The wildfires are raging on along with the other extreme weather. The rainfall that has recently come to NSW has helped the fires but only to a certain extent.
So far, we know that 28 people have lost their lives due to the fires. Approximately 2,600 homes have been demolished as the fires have covered over 10 million hectares.
According to Authorities, rising temperatures could cause fires to become more dangerous over the next week.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been criticized for splashing out on gourmet doughnuts this week in Winnipeg, Manitoba, according to Global News.
The doughnuts in question were purchased at Oh Doughnuts, which, as discovered by True North Centre, cost an eye-watering $47 per dozen.
The owners of the restaurant, however, said that the $47 doughnuts were their “most elaborate, fancy doughnuts… which they didn’t get. They just got regular variety doughnuts.”
As well as this, the doughnut shop stated that Trudeau ordered the product online, resulting in a ten percent price decrease.
This, compared, to Canada’s favourite doughnut shop Tim Hortons, who sells doughnuts for less than ten dollars per dozen, will lead to questions about Trudeau’s inclination to fork out taxpayer money on unnecessary expenses for himself and his Liberal team, all while his government fights veterans and Indigenous people in court over money.
Justin Trudeau is in Winnipeg for a cabinet retreat where he re-groups with his executive in preparation for the upcoming parliament. Trudeau’s retreats have often been stamped as needlessly expensive. Take, for instance, the Liberal cabinet’s trip to St. John’s Newfoundland, where Trudeau visited the theatre, leaving Canadians to foot the tab.
As well as this, in 2018 Trudeau splurged on a cabinet retreat to Vancouver Island amid the on-going wild fire crisis in the province at the time.
On Tuesday morning, Project Veritas exposed Martin Weissgerber, a second Bernie Sanders field organizer who has been recorded calling for extremist left-wing violence and a communist revolution.
Martin Weissgerber was recorded in the sting drinking craft beer and saying, “I’ll straight up get armed … I’m ready for the f—ing revolution.”
He proudly proclaimed his support for violent class warfare and said, “what will help is when we send all of the Republicans to the re-education camps.” He praised gulags and said that the “Soviet Union was one of the most progressive places” in history for women’s rights.
The Post Millennial has independently verified that Weissgerber has expressed disdain for police officers, Israel, women, and more on social media—all the while enjoying an opulent lifestyle where he sips champagne, goes sailing and holidaying in Europe.
The former Boston University student has a social media rife with disturbing statements praising Marxism and antifa. He retweeted a post last week critical of Project Veritas’ sting on his colleague Kyle Jurek, an Iowa Sanders field organizer.
In addition to his work on the Sanders campaign, Weissgerber also has a fledgling career as a Soundcloud rapper, under the name King Manic.
This is the second Sanders staffer exposed by Project Veritas in their “#Expose2020” project. Last week, video showed Kyle Jurek similarly speaking favourably of Soviet gulags and urging similar punishments in the U.S. for counter-revolutionaries. He also expressed support for antifa extremism and advocated for political violence on the street. The Sanders campaign has not responded to the videos.