A few weeks back the Western world was shocked by news coming from South Africa. The governing African National Congress (ANC) Party amended their constitution to proceed with land expropriation without compensation (LEWC).
The initial “constitutional” land redistribution process has been too slow, and black South Africans shouldn’t have to wait any longer to get “their land” back. White South Africans should be forced to give up their land and receive no pay in return in order to right the wrongs of South Africa’s colonialist beginnings.
However, as I point out in the video above, this was merely an excuse for a tired and increasingly unpopular government to win back some support among the massive black South African constituency.
We hear you
Our readers are requesting high quality content without ads.
Let's make that a reality with a 30 day ad-free trial.
After 30 days it's only $5 a month.
If you prefer to just read the points I make in the video, rather than watching it (pro tip – go to settings and adjust the playback speed to 2x to save time) I’ve listed them here below:
- Two audits have been done on the issue of land ownership recently. The one issued by the government and the other from a farmers lobby group, Agri SA. The government’s audit conveniently recommended pursuing land expropriation without compensation while the Agri audit recommended continuing with a free market approach.
- The SA government has decided to go with the LEWC approach because this will appease the majority of the populace and will give them the false hope that their lives will improve because of it.
- In reality, SA has many problems like a serious lack of education (20% of black South Africans have ZERO education), a sky-high unemployment rate and a big problem with resource management due to a lack of talent caused by their own affirmative action policies.
- They are also running massive deficits (21.5 billion CDN – even bigger than Trudeau’s!). As it turns out, they cannot afford to compensate for the farmland anyways.
- In the end, LEWC will not help anybody in South Africa and will put the country into great economic upheaval. Inevitably this will create a major food shortage and a refugee crisis.
- The better approach is to let the free market flourish. A closer look at the Agri SA audit shows that in South Africa’s three most fertile provinces black South Africans own over 50% of the farmland!
- The bottom line is that LEWC will be disastrous for South African. The situation in the country is already terribly polarized (Genocide Watch has them at stage 6 of 10), and LEWC will only increase tensions between racial communities in SA.
- Peaceful, egalitarian democracies should follow Australia’s lead and expedite white South Africans refugee applications.
Join our membership
Get a free copy of Christina Hoff Sommers’ book, “The War Against Boys.” Read about our membership perks here.