Thank you for your interest in the News Writer position at The Post Millennial.
Please find the job description and application instructions below.
The Post Millennial is searching for an extremely motivated and passionate news writer to join our content creation and editorial team.
The position offers a chance to grow your personal journalist exposure and work with one of Canada’s fastest growing media companies.
We encourage our journalists to cover topics they are passionate about and allow you to choose your own topics as long as they are in line with The Post Millennial values.
Candidates considered will be hired on per article freelance contract and may be considered for a permanent full-time position in the future.
Work is done remotely, Monday to Friday (or the equivalent of five work days).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Brainstorming and writing news stories in one or many of the following areas (Canadian politics, business, breaking news, tech news, health, science, etc.)
- Researching and editing your work
- Coming up with creative and catchy titles
- Conducting keyword research and paying attention to on page SEO tactics
- Fact-checking content and revising when necessary
- Interacting with your readers on The Post Millennial website and social media
channels (responding to comments, engaging with readers)
- Representing The Post Millennial on your online social media channels
- BA or BFA in English, Journalism, Communications or related field and/or at least 1 year of relevant experience in the media industry
- Extensive experience copywriting, creating content, editing, and proofreading
- Experience with on page SEO (proper use of headers, basic keyword research, title
and meta description optimization, Yoast SEO usage, alt tags and geotags on
- Impeccable grammar, writing and communication skills
- Detail oriented and intrinsically motivated to take action
- Quick learner and initiative taker who enjoys an energetic work environment
- Possess a laptop or desktop computer with a reliable internet connection
- Preferably lives in the Montreal area (remote work is Ok)
About The Post Millennial
The Post Millennial is a Canadian news publication founded in August 2017 and is one of the fastest growing news corporations in Canada. We reach over 250,000 Canadians evenly spread across age groups 25-65+ every month and are growing rapidly every month. The Post Millennial is based out of Montreal, Canada.