Doug Ford posts video supporting #UnitedWeRoll, pro-pipeline protests
Doug Ford the Premier of Ontario has posted on Twitter a video highlighting his support for the United We Roll truck convoy which is currently driving from Calgary to Ottawa.
That convoy of more than 159 trucks left Red
“The main message we are taking to Ottawa with this convoy is that our oil-and-gas sector is in trouble,” said Glen Carritt, the convoy manager, who has done the bulk of the organizing of this five-day trek to Parliament Hill.
“All respectful, peaceful, non-radical Canadians are welcome to join in this rally. We will not tolerate any racism, hate or anyone with those views,” he insisted. “They are not part of this movement. I’ll be very upset if someone like that attaches themselves to us and this convoy. They have nothing to do with us. We’re proud of our oil and gas, a
productevery Canadian uses and benefitsfrom in a huge way. That’s what this is about,”
The convoy is expected to reach Ottawa on Tuesday, where they will hold a rally against Bill C-69, Bill C-48 and the Prime Minister.
According to the Trudeau Liberals, Bill C-69 is meant to revamp and streamline the country’s system for approving industrial projects.
Opponents fear the opposite will occur, as the new law would lift limits on who can participate in the assessment process and create an early-phase consultation with Indigenous communities and anyone else who could be impacted by a project.
Bill C-48, on the other hand, would prohibit tankers carrying crude oil from loading or unloading at ports in northern British Columbia, according to the CBC, formalizing a similar voluntary ban that has been in place in the region for the past 20 years.
Opponents fear it could kill off a potential international shipping route for Canada’s energy products.
Since leaving Red Deer it has reportedly picked up more than 20 new trucks and is expected to grow to anywhere from 200-300
What do you think about the convoy? Join the conversation by commenting below!
A group of young Ontarians is launching a lawsuit against Doug Ford due to the Progressive Conservative’s inaction on climate change. The youths are arguing that Ford has violated their charter rights by reducing their climate targets, according to the CBC.
The group is claiming that the Ford government’s climate policy will lead to widespread death, which if correct, would understandably violate section 7 of the charter: protection for life, liberty, and security of the person.
The group is also demanding that the Ontario government creates more ambitious legislation for tackling climate change, such as limiting global warming to 1.5 C.
The group is composed of young Ontarians, ranging from the age of 12 to 24. They are being represented by Stockwoods LLP and Ecojustice, which is a group dedicated to stopping climate change through legal action.
This form of climate action is becoming increasingly more common. Earlier this year, for example, another group of young people launched a lawsuit against Trudeau’s federal government. There have been similar lawsuits in the United States and the Netherlands.
Having said this, this is the first lawsuit filed against a provincial government for climate inaction.
Ontario PC minister condemns Catholic school trustee for including pedophilia in proposed list on discrimination
Ontario’s Minister of Education Stephan Lecce has condemned proposals by the vice-chair of the Toronto Catholic that would have added bestiality, pedophilia to their code of conduct, according to the Toronto Star.
This came after the Catholic School Board was required by Ontario’s Ministry of Education to add protections from discrimination. This usually entails protection from discrimination based on gender identity and expression, and family and marital status.
Michael Del Grande, however, went a step further than was expected, introducing a twelve-page booklet of his proposals that asked the school board include tolerance for these criminal behaviours.
Speaking to the Toronto Star, Lecce said that he was “disturbed” by Del Grande’s proposals. Although Ontario’s government will not interfere with the Catholic School Boards’ due process. Lecce will, however, make it perfectly clear that the “government finds those comments unacceptable in this province.”
Del Grande has faced cross-party condemnation. NDP Leader Andrea Horwath called on Leece to ask Del Grande to resign. Horwath late said that Del Grande’s actions were “shameful … It’s a disgrace and I’m shocked that the minister has not asked for this trustee to do the right thing and step down.”
“It may be that the minister doesn’t have the capacity to have that person removed, but he should make it very, very clear that that person should be resigning from his role,” Horwath told reporters. “That is completely unacceptable — it is beyond the pale when it comes to using that kind of opportunity to try to link the LGBTQ community with these kinds of things.”
High school teachers in Ontario have voted overwhelmingly in favour of a strike, according to CTV News.
After a vote in Toronto, 95 percent of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF) voted in favour, thus providing an “overwhelming” mandate to carry out strike action.
Alongside teachers, the union also represents education workers who also voted strongly in favour of a strike.
The OSSTF now has to send a five-day notice stating when the strike will begin. After this, they will be in a legal position to stage a strike.
Elementary school teachers and Catholic school board teachers are also expected to threaten strike action.
Disclosure: Tanya Granic Allen is a former Ontario PC leadership candidate in the last race in which Ford won. She also ran in the last Ontario provincial election as a PC candidate until Ford decided she could no longer run for the party after the Liberals pushed a video of her speaking about sex-ed and gay marriage in the context of a previous Marxist-Yugoslav Communist regime.
The Ford “conservative” government is continuing its bullying of Ontario Catholic schools into adopting the full program of neo-Marxist, gender ideology–the very same gender ideology that Pope Francis condemned as “demonic” and comparable to “the educational policies of Hitler.”
Last week in a vote of eight to four, the Toronto Catholic District School Board voted to add “gender identity” into the Board’s code of conduct. This flies directly in the face of Catholic moral teaching on sexuality.
The vote was taken to comply with the Ford Government’s diktat, known as “Policy/Program Memorandum (PPM) 128.”. PPM 128 demanded gender theory be adopted into all schools’ codes of conduct which will affect disciplining of students as well as practices for hiring teachers.
PPM 128 is most offensive for Catholic schools because they enjoy constitutional protection against anti-religious ideology that other school boards do not. Section 93 of the Constitution Act,1867, as well as the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, guarantee that Ontario Catholics have a right to run their own schools and teach the Catholic faith in those schools.
As Pope Francis has pointed out, gender ideology contravenes Catholic moral teaching. But it is also contrary to natural law. For those who might be behind the times, gender ideology is the unscientific, ideological theory that there are many more genders beyond male and female. Sometimes there are six gender identities, sometimes seventy-two gender identities or even a “limitless” number. Gender ideology promotes the fiction that gender is merely a social construct. In other words, if a man declares himself to be a woman well, then, he is a woman.
When some brave Toronto Catholic school trustees offered resistance to PPM 128, a letter was issued from the Government’s Ontario Human Rights Commission demanding board action on gender ideology. When further resistance was met, Ford sent his Minister of Education, Stephen Lecce, to insist that the Catholic school board buckle to Ford’s gender ideology policy. As Minister Lecce put it, “My message to the board is quite clear. My expectation is that every child irrespective of their differences can see themselves reflected in schools and more importantly that they will adhere to the Ontario Human Rights Code.”
Ultimately, several trustees caved in to pressure from Doug Ford’s minions including Lecce and the Ontario Human Rights Commission. Shame on them. But, also, shame on Doug Ford and his new ideology! Kathleen Wynne must be so proud of him!
Am I surprised? Not in the least. Ford’s procession has been steady and swift to worship at the altar of gender ideology he now promotes with the same zeal and gusto as Kathleen Wynne. During the leadership campaign that made him Ontario PC Leader, Doug Ford said he was against this nonsense. Rightly, he condemned gender identity theory, calling it “Liberal ideology” and promised to stop forcing it on Ontario schools, parents and students, especially in the sex-ed curriculum.
However, almost immediately upon becoming Premier, Ford flip-flopped on this promise. Within days of his swearing in as Premier, Ford’s first Education Minister promised that “gender identity” and “gender
ideology” would remain in the new Ford curriculum.
Now that he is Premier of Ontario, Doug Ford is pursuing gender ideology with the zeal of a convert. He is forcing his new beliefs on the Ontario public starting with bullying Ontario school boards, both Catholic and public.
In November 2018, at the Ontario PC policy convention, I sponsored a resolution that condemned gender ideology and called on the Ford government to stop forcing it on Ontario students. This resolution was passed by over two-thirds of the party delegates present. Ford’s initial reaction was stupefied speechlessness, but, two days later, he sputtered, “I’m not moving forward with that. It’s done,” and he dismissed the resolution.
Then, in court proceedings earlier this year, Ford government lawyers re-affirmed that all the controversial topics of Kathleen Wynne’s sex-ed curriculum, including gender theory, can still be taught in Ontario schools. In March, the Education Minister re-confirmed that gender ideology would remain in the Ford sex-ed school curriculum. And remain it did!
Now, a full seven years after the words “gender identity” and “gender expression” were added to the Ontario Human Rights Act, it has fallen to the “conservative” Premier Doug Ford to crack the whip and force gender ideology into the code of conduct of Ontario’s school boards. Even, the Catholic ones.
Who could have predicted that Ford would be an even bigger flip-flopper than former PC leader Patrick Brown? Even more shocking, who could have anticipated that Ford would move to the left of the neo-Marxist former Liberal Premier Kathleen Wynne? Doug Ford’s new positioning as a devout worshipper at the altar of political correctness has not yet bottomed out. How far will he go?
Wynne’s anti-religious bigotry, coupled with her ideological contempt for parental rights, has been well-documented. Beyond gender ideology and her sex-ed curriculum there were several other pieces of anti-parent, anti-religion legislation which passed under her watch–all of which have remained on the books, strictly enforced by Doug Ford.
The question remains: Why? Why is Doug Ford behaving like a bigot against all religious people? Why is he so determined to force this neo-Marxist gender ideology on the students and teachers and parents of Ontario?
Premier Ford, we await your answer.