The Post Millennial employees love to be the best at what they do and get better all the time. The news industry moves quickly and so do we. Our motto is to produce factual, independent and thought-provoking journalism, for Canada and the world. We help intelligent, creative, and hungry professionals make a meaningful impact in Canadian media and Canadian communities.
Creativity and art make things beautiful and capture attention in a world of swipes, taps, and scrolls. Our graphic design team creates informative, bite-sized graphics and short videos for distribution across our websites and social media.
We are looking for a creative mastermind who enjoys applying their artistic talents to create engaging infographics and videos that help make up Fresh News.
You will work closely with our content creation team including writers, editors, and marketing team members to create stunning infographics and motion graphics. Being quick to respond and a real team player is part of our culture at The Post Millennial. We encourage everyone to share details from their areas of expertise to make content creation and distribution better for our readers and employees.
What you’ll do
- Create image graphics and motion graphics to cover news events or explain a topic in depth
- Tell stories or lay out facts in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner
- Experiment with graphic design and video editing techniques to bring life to our content
- Draft, pitch, and create graphics and motion graphics from idea to final design
- Think critically about The Post Millennial design strategy and use your experience to help improve it
What you’ll bring
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and other Adobe Suite applications
- Demonstrated sense of design for infographics and short videos
- A creative mind that can function under reasonable deadlines
- Ability to collaborate on work with other designers
- A passion and sense of responsibility for producing honest news
This position is based out of Montreal, QC