The Post Millennial employees love to be the best at what they do and get better all the time. The news industry moves quickly and so do we. Our motto is to produce factual, independent and thought-provoking journalism, for Canada and the world. We help intelligent, creative, and hungry professionals make a meaningful impact in Canadian media and Canadian communities.
We are seeking a dedicated and self-sufficient sales director with proven experience in digital marketing to lead the rapid growth of our online advertising and creative agency divisions.
You will have the support of a small sales team and be the highest point of contact at The Post Millennial for the sales division.
This position requires an in-depth and client-centric point of view. This high autonomy role offers the opportunity to lead the sales division of The Post Millennial and interact frequently with upper-level management to discuss and execute on goals.
We are looking for someone whom we can trust with the difficult job of leading the development of our rapidly growing sales division.
What You’ll Do
- Hit monthly and quarterly team revenue goals through native advertising and our in-house creative agency
- Lead a small and growing sales team using your expertise
- Generate weekly sales opportunities through a combination of warm and cold leads
- Manage and grow our existing and new client relationships
- Educate, manage, and mentor existing sales team on modern-day sales techniques
- Work with all internal departments to develop improvements in the sales process
What you’ll bring
- 4+ year in digital media sales
- Expert knowledge in online advertising, media strategy, custom content, and social media distribution
- Digital marketing mastermind with examples of previous success
- Goal driven with an ability to lead teams to meet revenue goals
- Has high-level relationships across various industries
- Management experience
- Comfortable speaking with clients and presenting
- A passion for open and honest journalism